In this theme, we expect very various contents of ideas, which is characteristic for some mainstream of the modern photography artistic production wide world. Generally, we expect photographic works in some major thematic entities:
- classical landscape in associative and experimental way;
- colors, shapes, shadows as crucial element of the photography art;
- portraits, as precious sparkles of the life by all form and entities;
- photography works with some interesting details in the contest and crucial meaning of it;
- creative photographic research, as a struggle for identity, spiritual an emotional space, creating the new document and sensibility of present time;
- macro and micro world that surrounding us, but stays invisible for many of us;
- photography that shows the everyday reality of life, with specific moments of transience of human being. Logical connection between ambient and life in this ambient;
- all living world in all theirs aspects and phenomenons of many different shapes of life
Any pictorial treatment of a subject which contains the element of good arrangement of composition and reflects the interpretation of the photographer.
In this theme, in genre meaning, we expect, almost all as in the OPEN color theme, but given as a granted gift in monochromatic artistic frameworks. That is especially sensitive expressiveness and specific culture of the photography with admixture of nostalgia and patina that is tightly connected with the pioneer period of photography art. That kind of photography is very often synonyms area simply called – LIFE.
FIAP Definitions of Black and white photography (Monochrome):
A black and white image containing various shades of grey from black to white is considered to be monochrome w. A black & white work toned entirely in a single color will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black & white category; such a work may be reproduced in black & white in the catalog. On the other hand a black and white work modified by partial toning or by the addition of one color becomes a color work (polychrome) to stand in the color category.
PSA Definitions of Black and white photography (Monochrome):
A monochrome print is defined as having no more than one color but maybe any single color.
i. A monochrome print is defined as having no more than two colors: monochrome plus one other color, or:
ii. A monochrome print is defined as having no more than one color, but it may be any single color.